[Gambas-user] print resolution issues

Paul Horechuk horechuk at ...981...
Wed Oct 8 18:20:10 CEST 2014

I have a successful project that formats a sheet of labels on an Avery
form and prints directly to an HP OfficeJet 7500 E910.

I set the printer width to 850 and length to 1100 with a resolution of
100. These may not be correct for all (PrinterWidth and length are seen
as 216 by 279mm), but by setting moveto coordinates within this range, I
do get a correct sheet of labels.

Problems:

On a customer printer with the same version of gambas 3.5.4, the
coordinates are stretched so that the labels are stretched by about 50%.
This is on a Canon Pixma.

Further checking shows a print to file (as PDF) from the printer dialog,
resulting in:

  *    vertical resolution is about 1/4 of what it should be
  *    fonts are correctly sized
  *    horizontal positioning is about 1/4 as well
  *    therefore all text is compressed into the upper left
  *    a QR code is about 1/4 the expected size

Changing the resolution for a direct print to Pixma has no effect.
Changing from 100 to 75 or to 150, results in the same stretched
printout. This works as expected on the HP.

Suggestions?

--
Think Free ...
    Use Open Source Software