[Gambas-user] ICal parser

B Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Wed Oct 8 00:46:14 CEST 2014

On Tue, 7 Oct 2014 19:45:10 +0200
Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at ...626...> wrote:

> ... what is iCal :-P ?

> > I don't suppose that anyone has an iCal parser utility that they would care to share do they?
> >
> > --
> > B Bruen <adamnt42 at ...3379... (sort of)>

Further research by moi reveals that I should have called it "vCalendar" or more commonly "iCalendar". It is the unofficial interchange "standard" (and I use that term with the looseness it deserves) for  calendaring events, todos, journal entries and free-busy schedules.  More at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICalendar#Technical_specifications  etc.

I have begun developing a parser - I need it to get scheduled Australian public holidays from google. (Much as I despise using that source, but unfortunately it seems to be the best available :-(  )
B Bruen <bbruen at ...2308...>