[Gambas-user] [GambasMag] Articles for Feb 2015 issue

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...626...
Sun Nov 30 17:20:45 CET 2014

Hi Kevin,

I would greatly appreciate any input you have for the magazine. Right now I
have little time to devote to it. But I am sure I can still get the artist
to do the cover and help edit articles. Right now and for at least the next
few month my health will limit my ability to produce anything. But I will
do what I can when I can to get another issue out. At the moment I have
about one day a week I can at least function at a limited level. The others
days I simply am too ill or too tired.

The site was down on and off the last few days as my isp was updating
equipment. This next week the power company will be working in the area and
that may effect connectivity at some point.

I want to thank everyone for their patients and for their help with the
magazine. With any luck I should be back at it in a few months.

Sincerely,

Randall

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 10:55 PM, Kevin Fishburne <
kevinfishburne at ...1887...> wrote:

> On 11/24/2014 09:33 AM, Randall Morgan wrote:
> > Hi Tobi,
> >
> > I have had some health issues and so I haven't been able to put much time
> > into the magazine. I have also moved 1600 miles from where I was and that
> > with the health issues delayed any work on the magazine. With my health
> > right now I have a few good days and many not so good days. But I would
> > love to publish your articles. The magazine's next issue will not follow
> > the outline for issues as I just don't have the energy to produce all I
> had
> > hoped for. I haven't even been coding at all in the past couple months.
> > Once my treatment is over I hope I can get back to following the outline
> > and publishing the magazine. At the moment is you write articles I will
> > publish a mini-issue with your article and two on game development I had
> > sent to me.
> >
> > I have high hopes for Gambas Magazine but at the moment I simply can't
> put
> > in all the time it requires due to health issues.
> >
> > Thank you for all your help.
>
> Hey Randall. I hope you get better soon. My mom's been in the hospital
> for the last two months so yeah, being sick is no fun.
>
> Cool that Tobi is submitting articles on game dev in GAMBAS. I would
> like to contribute as well, although I'm not sure what specifically I
> could address. Maybe I could go through the Sylph codebase and try to
> break it down into the essential code blocks that set up the game loop?
> Things like OpenGL init stuff, loading textures and models, creating
> display lists, alpha blending modes and setting up a "camera". After
> nearly five years of game dev using GAMBAS I've found that once those
> basic things are taken care of, the rest is just normal (as in easy)
> programming.
>
> --
> Kevin Fishburne
> Eight Virtues
> www: http://sales.eightvirtues.com
> e-mail: sales at ...1887...
> phone: (770) 853-6271

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?