[Gambas-user] Gambas Software Farm in revision #6676

Tue Nov 25 00:41:02 CET 2014

On 11/24/2014 05:38 PM, Fabien Bodard wrote:

>> The last goal: the farm server can only host source code archive. The
>> source code is compiled on the user's system, but the source remains
>> available.
>>
>> In other words, it's not a "market place". :-)
> But it can be a good source base for someone that want to do one

Embrace the market place. Without it semiconductors and mailing lists
wouldn't exist, and we'd all be out in the woods gathering berries and
hitting each other over the heads with rocks. Free software is good, but
having food and shelter is better. Even if the source code being made
available is a requirement (GPL and kindred), having a way to pay for an
application or donate to its developer should be strongly considered.
Benoît could be the new Gabe Newell, taking 10% off the top to ensure
the continued development of GAMBAS and pay the repository bandwidth bills.

The bearded old man in the sky agrees with this:

https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues