[Gambas-user] Gambas Software Farm in revision #6676

Mon Nov 24 15:37:53 CET 2014

As far as I know from KDE 3 and 4,

> - A *.desktop file is created and installed in
> '~/.local/share/applications' so that it appears in the desktop menu.

the .desktop files are stored in ~/Desktop. On my system,
firefox.desktop is the only one residing in ~/.local/share/applications
and there is a copy of it in ~/Desktop.

By the way, the farm is a very good idea!

And it reminded me of your idea of a simple picture editor. I needed
such a thing this weekend, but in lack of other software I used Gimp
instead which is a bit of a functional dinosaur for just cutting an area
from a smartphone photo and reducing the resulting picture to a smaller
size...

Thinking about your idea, I came to the point where it should be
possible to just "install" such a program, with all dependencies (and
the Gambas interpreter itself) installing automagically.

As far as I understand, your farm will work like this. The only thing
I'm not clear about is if you intend the farm to be for people just
using the software or for potential Gambas programmers who want to take
a look at the code?

Regards
Rolf