[Gambas-user] Problem compiling trunk on Debian wheezy

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Tue Nov 11 14:59:54 CET 2014

On di, 2014-11-11 at 14:33 +0100, Willy Raets wrote:
> On di, 2014-11-11 at 13:06 +0100, rolf wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I answer myself, to tell that the problem with aclocal is solved - why does
> > the package "autoconf" is not mentioned as a required package in the howtos?
>
> Online Gambas wiki, does have autoconf mentioned as required package!!
> Has always been there.
>

> > Now I need a hint how to get gb.media compiled in wheezy - the compiler alway
> > complains about gstreamer-video - I do not find an associated package in the
> > repository.
>
> In your log I can see gstreamer doesn't get installed, hence gb.media
> will not compile.
> --------------------------
> Die folgenden Pakete haben verletzte Abhängigkeiten:
>  gstreamer1.0-plugins-good : Hängt ab von: liborc-0.4-0 (>= 1:0.4.18)
> aber 1:0.4.16-2 ist installiert.
>  libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-0 : Hängt ab von: liborc-0.4-0 (>=
> 1:0.4.18) aber 1:0.4.16-2 ist installiert.
>  gstreamer1.0-plugins-base : Hängt ab von: liborc-0.4-0 (>= 1:0.4.18)
> aber 1:0.4.16-2 ist installiert.
> ------------------
> Seems your liborc-0.4-0 version installed is to low and coming form
> wheezy. I guess the gstreamer1.0 comes from wheezy-backports repo?
>
> Simple search on Debian Package Search for liborc-0.4-0
> shows that
> - wheezy package is on 1:0.4.16-2 (the one installed on your system)
> - wheezy-bakcports is on 1:0.4.19-1~bpo70+1 (the one you need!!)
>
> See:
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=liborc-0.4-0&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
>
> Some of the other packages that would not install (see your log) will
> probably have a same kind of problem.

A little added note:
To make sure liborc-0.4-0 gets pulled from wheezy-backports add a
preferences file to /etc/apt with this content:

Package: liborc-0.4-0
Pin: release n=wheezy-backports
Pin-Priority: 1050

Package: *
Pin: release n=wheezy
Pin-Priority: 950

Package: *
Pin: release n=wheezy-backports
Pin-Priority: -1

Or if you don't mind that wheezy-backport version get preferred you
could also do this in preferences file:

Package: *