[Gambas-user] Segmentation fault (11)

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Fri May 30 00:25:58 CEST 2014

On Fri, 30 May 2014, Jussi Lahtinen wrote:
> According to documentation, debugging information is enabled by default.
> If not it should be enough to recompile just the interpreter:
> cd ~/trunk/main/gbx
> Or where ever you sources are.
> sudo make clean && make "CFLAGS=-O0 -g" "CXXFLAGS=-O0 -g" && sudo make
> install

Normally it suffices but just today I had a segfault when I enabled gb.jit
and most probably it is gb.jit which segfaults then, not the interpreter.
(I haven't had the time yet to dig into this.)

But yes, compile the interpreter with debugging information and if that's
not enough (a component produces the segfault), you will have to compile
that component with debugging information, too.

Regards,
Tobi