[Gambas-user] feature suggestions: detach and rearrange tabs

Wed May 21 22:47:46 CEST 2014

On 05/20/2014 08:11 AM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 20/05/2014 04:15, Kevin Fishburne a écrit :
>>> Detaching and attaching tabs have been implemented since revision
>>> #6280. It's not just for the IDE, but for all users of the
>>> Workspace control.
>> Wow. Works brilliantly.
> Cool.
>
>> The only wonky thing I've found is reattaching a detached tab adds it
>> to the root IDE GUI instead of down with all the other tabs.
> What are you talking about?
>
>> Not a big deal, as the module/class can just be double-clicked in the
>> left pane to restore it. Dual monitor users: Rejoice! Thanks,
>> Benoît.
>>
>> I also just noticed that after detaching a tab, I can attach it to
>> other programs, such as Thunderbird. That's fucking nuts. Love it.
>> :)
> WTF are you talking about again? You are kidding?

Maybe this is normal KDE behavior that I've never noticed, but here is a
video capture of me first detaching a tab and attaching it to a console
window, then reattaching it back to the GAMBAS IDE:

http://eightvirtues.com/sanctimonia/misc/GAMBAS%20Tabs.mp4

Maybe I'm holding it wrong? :)

--
Kevin Fishburne