[Gambas-user] Form Type Panel (gb.desktop)

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon May 12 21:51:58 CEST 2014

Le 08/05/2014 23:22, herberth guzman a écrit :
> Thanks Beno? t Minisini for answering my email
> and for suggesting the link http://standards.freedesktop.org
>
> freedesktop theme is very broad
> but from what I read
> to be needed to make the panel:
>
> gb.desktop support for:
>
> _NET_WM_STRUT(CARDINAL) = 0, 0, 0, 32 (border_panel)
> _NET_WM_STRUT= left, right, top, bottom
>
> _NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL(CARDINAL) = 0, 0, 0, 32(border_panel), 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,
> 0, 0, desktop.w(large_panel)
> _NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL= left, right, top, bottom, left_start_y, left_end_y,
> right_start_y, right_end_y, top_start_x, top_end_x, bottom_start_x,
> bottom_end_x
>

> _NET_WM_USER_TIME (This property contains the XServer time at which last
> user activity in this window took place.)
>
> _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE
>
> especially
>
> _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DOCK
> _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DESKTOP
>
> Could you help me please.

Yes, I can. But it will take some time.

I will make a X11 component whose aim is exporting everything needed so
that no call to the X11 library is needed, and you write only Gambas code.

At the moment, such code exists, but it is located inside the gb.desktop
component and not documented. Moreover, the interface of gb.desktop is
not very well thought (it mixes desktop and window manager things).

I think I will make a gb.desktop.x11 component you will be able to use
directly, and I will rebase gb.desktop on it.

Then you just will have to check both gb.desktop and gb.desktop.x11
explicitely. You will use gb.desktop for desktop things, and you will
use gb.desktop.x11 for specific things like you asked in that mail.

Be patient!

--
Benoît Minisini