[Gambas-user] Valuebox. Property ReadOnly doesn't work?

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sat May 10 14:26:53 CEST 2014

On Sat, 10 May 2014, Francisco Martinez wrote:
> El 10/05/14 12:20, Tobias Boege escribi?:
> >On Sat, 10 May 2014, Francisco Martinez wrote:
> >>El 08/05/14 15:01, Beno?t Minisini escribi?:

> >>   It's simple. You need:
> >>
> >>- A form
> >>- A valuebox
> >>
> >>Change the property's read-only control valuebox to True.
> >>You run it. Now try writing in the valuebox control.
> >>It is possible. I think that's not correct.
> >>
> >It works here (using trunk) as expected, i.e. I cannot write into the
> >ValueBox when ReadOnly = True.
> >
> >That's why we ask for a project. Have you tried your steps on a fresh
> >project? Sometimes something's wrong with a project's .form or similar
> >things that make it impossible to reproduce or find the error from such
> >a verbal description of your project. You may use some configuration of
> >components that produce the error or things you, as a user, can't think
> >of but people may see from your actual project. (Also it's annoying, how
> >simple it may be, to rebuild the project :-)
> >
> >Regards,
> >Tobi
> >
> Ok. Tobias. ;-)
> When I use type number, I don't have problem. But if I use type currency, I
> can write in ValueBox.
> I'm using the development version.
>
> This time, I have uploaded a example.
> I think I have explained better this time. I hope so. :-)
>
> Sorry for all the text that has this message. I don't want that you to miss
> anything.
> Thanks Tobias.

AFAICS, the bug is not directly in the ValueBox but in the controls that are
used by it internally. The same thing happens with DateBox and MaskBox (when
a mask is specified)... If ValueBox.Type = ValueBox.Number, then a TextBox
is used which apparently gets things right - but the others somehow don't.

Regards,
Tobi