[Gambas-user] Valuebox. Property ReadOnly doesn't work?

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sat May 10 12:20:45 CEST 2014

On Sat, 10 May 2014, Francisco Martinez wrote:
> El 08/05/14 15:01, Beno?t Minisini escribi?:
> > Le 27/04/2014 00:48, Francisco Martinez a ?crit :
> >> Hi buddies.
> >>
> >> In running mode. I see that ValueBox's  ReadOnly property is True, but I
> >> can write inside. It is a bug?.
> >>
> >> I'm using the development version:
> >> 3.5.99.1+svn20140424+build51~ubuntu12.10.1
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> > Please provide a little sample project that reproduces the bug, because
> > ValueBox is a complex control, so I can't guess how you use it.
> >
>   It's simple. You need:
>
> - A form
> - A valuebox
>
> Change the property's read-only control valuebox to True.
> You run it. Now try writing in the valuebox control.
> It is possible. I think that's not correct.

It works here (using trunk) as expected, i.e. I cannot write into the
ValueBox when ReadOnly = True.

That's why we ask for a project. Have you tried your steps on a fresh
project? Sometimes something's wrong with a project's .form or similar
things that make it impossible to reproduce or find the error from such
a verbal description of your project. You may use some configuration of
components that produce the error or things you, as a user, can't think
of but people may see from your actual project. (Also it's annoying, how
simple it may be, to rebuild the project :-)

Regards,
Tobi