[Gambas-user] R: How to save the contents of a drawingarea and a GLArea

Ru Vuott vuott at ...325...
Mon Mar 10 23:53:09 CET 2014

ehmmm... hello, Martin,

...for saving the contents of a DrawingArea I would... suggest these steps:

1) you drawi and/or write in DrawingArea. (ok, the contents);

2) you create the PDF file by using the ".OutputFile" property of Class "Printer";

3) using the PDF file, you convert the PDF to an Image (for that, you need to activate the component gb.pdf);

4) then you save that "Image" with its Save method in an image file:
      Public Sub Button2_Click()

        Dim pdf As New PdfDocument
        Dim i As New Image

          With pdf
            .Open("/tmp/my_file.pdf")

             If .Ready = True Then
' ...then I convert the first page ("index" page = 1) in an "Image":
               i = pdf[1].Image

' So, we convert the Image in an image file:
               i.Save("/tmp/my_file.jpg")

             Else
                 Message.Error("<FONT color=darkred>Error loading pdf file !")
             Endif

         End With

      End

bye