[Gambas-user] How to save the contents of a drawingarea and a GLArea

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Mar 10 18:56:30 CET 2014

Le 10/03/2014 17:51, martin p cristia a écrit :
> Thanks for the fast answer, Tobi.
>
> The program is very complex, and the user can opt for a Draw or OpenGL
> method to draw things (each with its own control), so I thing a better
> way could be to copy the entire window and clip the drawn rectangle
> area, if that is possible.

Tobias' method is the best for normal drawings: it works for any toolkit
and window manager.

As for the GLArea, I have no idea how and if it is possible! The GLArea
is entirely managed by the underlying toolkit, so I don't know we can
get the contents of the final OpenGL drawing. I guess it is an OpenGL
thing, but only an expert will answer you.

Benoît Minisini