[Gambas-user] OT: wrong mailing-list sorting

Jesus ea7dfh at ...2382...
Thu Mar 6 00:39:23 CET 2014

El 05/03/14 17:12, Rolf-Werner Eilert escribió:
> This is only in the Gambas mailing list, so it's not as much OT as it
> might seem ;)
>
> In my Thunderbird, single mails from the list are sorted at the
> beginning of the list, i. e. I will have to scroll to the end to see the
> rest of the discussion.
>
> As I said, it only happens sometimes, but it has happened more
> frequently during the last months. So something seems to confuse
> Thunderbird with the mails coming from the Gambas list.
>
> Example: Right now, Jesus' mail from 16:02 was sorted somewhere into the
> beginning of the list (position 20 or so), the other two answers at the
> end (where they belong to). Charlie Reinl's mail from 03.03.2014 22:55
> stands before it, the rest of the discussion is at the correct place.
> Jorge Carrión from 03.03.2014 21:44 is before it, and the rest of the
> discussion at the end of the list.
>
> I browsed through the wrong sorted mails, but they have correct dates
> and times, nor have they anything unusual in common. Has anyone here had
> the same problem, maybe even with another mailing program?
>
> Thanks for any ideas.
>
> Rolf

I'm using Thunderbird since ages, currently at v24.3.0 and never had a
problem, except sometimes getting duplicated messages from some rss feeds.

I have everything sorted and distributed in folders automagically with
the help of filters. I am managing 7 or 8 mail accounts and several rss
feeds. Gambas' folder has close to 30000 messages and never have had a
problem. About eleven mail lists each in its own folder... Love it!

In such a case like mine, I recommend rsync'ing thunderbird database or
the whole folder to an external storage. Too much data to loose ;-)

What is your setup, version, distro, etc?

Regards

--
Jesus Guardon