[Gambas-user] Gambas2 {Control,Container}.Grab() replacement?

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Mar 3 19:52:20 CET 2014

Le 03/03/2014 19:46, Tobias Boege a écrit :
> On Mon, 03 Mar 2014, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
>> Le 03/03/2014 19:16, Tobias Boege a ?crit :
>>> Hi Benoit,
>>>
>>> is it possible to provide a replacement for what the Control/Container
>>> Grab() method did in Gambas2, i.e. returning a Picture of the control?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Tobi
>>>

>> You must play with Desktop.Screenshot instead.
>>

> OK, but I guess from the comparison of sources of Gambas 2.24.0 and trunk
> that it would be trivial to implement the control-wise screenshot again. Why
> did that method go away in the first place? I'm just asking to have an
> explanation we can put into an article.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

Because it is not reliable. It works only in some cases with X-Window,
and as soon as there is a screen compositor, I think it is even less
reliable.

I'm waiting for Wayland and some way of getting a screenshot of a window
part reliably.

Benoît Minisini