[Gambas-user] X11Systray+GB.QT4+DrawingArea

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Jun 26 21:25:50 CEST 2014

Le 26/06/2014 18:51, herberth guzman a écrit :
> Hi Benoit
>
> I know Gambas3.6 is under development, But the idea is to help improve
> Gambas3.
>
> I was watching these days on the error, the same Example of gambas3 systray
> have error.
>
> 1 - With gb.gui and gb.gtk3 component and the systray does not work and
> when you switch to gb.qt4 works well.
>
> 2 - If you change the form.transparent = true property you will realize
> that does not work, gives error "Violation of section 11" and gambas3 stops.
>
> 3 - I'm not sure that the problem is in integrating the form.transparent =
> true and when DrawingArea X11Systray use.
>
> 4 - Y form.transparent=true the same application using libreoffice + scroll
> mouse gives the same error:
> Violation of segment 11 and gambas3 stops.
>
> It is unusual and very rare.
>

> How I can fix these little problems?
>
> Thanks and Regards.
>
> Herberth Guzmán

Strange, as apparently some things that worked before do not work
anymore, and sometimes crash. I will investigate.

By the way, don't expect to put your systrem tray directly inside a
transaprent window, it won't work. Because "transparent" windows and
"normal" windows are not compatible on X11. As system tray icons are
created outside of the system tray (by the application owner), they are
"normal" windows. So they refuse to be embedded inside a "transparent"
window.

To workaround that, you can have one transparent form for your panel,
one normal form for your system tray. The system tray window will have
no border at all, and will be put on top of the panel form, so that you
think it is embedded inside. But it won't.

Another point: the "nm-applet" does not use the old system tray icon
standard, so the Gambas system tray won't see it. Maybe it works if
there is no application that manages the new standard, like the KDE
panel. I don't know, I didn't check.

Benoît Minisini