[Gambas-user] Fwd: libraries and locations: feature request

Ian Haywood ihaywood3 at ...626...
Fri Jun 6 09:30:26 CEST 2014

I've started using gambas libraries to break my projecty up into more
manageable components.

My understanding is libraries must be in the same directory as the
compiled executable when deployed: so that's /usr/bin

The debian packaging system complains that I don't have a manpage for
each of my libraries: but only some of them will be run directly, some
are only for use as gambas libraries.

I can see a collision with debian policy: libraries should go in
/usr/lib, ideally /usr/lib/gambas3/ or something like that.

Can we have gambas look in /usr/lib/gambas3 as well as /usr/bin for libraries?

Ian