[Gambas-user] Component Programing Question

VonZorch VonZorch at ...626...
Tue Jun 3 16:02:44 CEST 2014

B Bruen wrote
> On Mon, 02 Jun 2014 03:27:23 +0200
> Benoît Minisini <

> gambas at ...3286...

> > wrote:
>
>> Le 02/06/2014 03:07, VonZorch a écrit :
>> > I have found that inheriting UserControl makes a developing control
>> stop
>> > intercepting mouse events.  Is this normal? I have been going around in
>> > circles trying to get my SpeedListBox working.
>> >
>> > It currently appears in the toolbox but when placed on a form it is 8
>> times
>> > as large as it should be and when I try to run the test project I get
>> an
>> > error "Unexpected end of line in FMain.form:17" however the FMain.form
>> file
>> > only has 13 lines.  When created in code it does work correctly.  Could
>> this
>> > be caused by a corrupted component?
>> >

>> Without seeing your source code, I can't say anything useful...
>>
>> --
>> Benoît Minisini
>>

> But to take a couple of guesses:
> In the second paragraph, what you have written suggests that you have not
> set the default values for the properties and/or the properties constant
> correctly.
> "8 times too big" looks like something wrong with your _DefaultSize
> constant. Remember, it is expressed in Desktop.Scale units.
> "caused by a corrupted component?" Probably not, more likely you have not
> defined the control infrastructure constants correctly. Show us the code.
>
> In the first para "Is this normal"? No, I have not seen anything like
> that. Again, SUTC!
>
> hth

The code is here  speedlistbox.gz
<http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/file/n46832/speedlistbox.gz>  .
The mouse event problem also occurred when I modified ColorChooser to save
custom colors.