[Gambas-user] Component Programing Question

B Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Mon Jun 2 04:06:05 CEST 2014

On Mon, 02 Jun 2014 03:27:23 +0200
Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> Le 02/06/2014 03:07, VonZorch a écrit :
> > I have found that inheriting UserControl makes a developing control stop
> > intercepting mouse events.  Is this normal? I have been going around in
> > circles trying to get my SpeedListBox working.
> >
> > It currently appears in the toolbox but when placed on a form it is 8 times
> > as large as it should be and when I try to run the test project I get an
> > error "Unexpected end of line in FMain.form:17" however the FMain.form file
> > only has 13 lines.  When created in code it does work correctly.  Could this
> > be caused by a corrupted component?
> >

> Without seeing your source code, I can't say anything useful...
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

But to take a couple of guesses:
In the second paragraph, what you have written suggests that you have not set the default values for the properties and/or the properties constant correctly.
"8 times too big" looks like something wrong with your _DefaultSize constant. Remember, it is expressed in Desktop.Scale units.
"caused by a corrupted component?" Probably not, more likely you have not defined the control infrastructure constants correctly. Show us the code.

In the first para "Is this normal"? No, I have not seen anything like that. Again, SUTC!

hth

--
B Bruen <bbruen at ...2308...>