[Gambas-user] Settings

B Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Mon Jul 28 07:23:42 CEST 2014

On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 14:29:43 +0930
B Bruen <bbruen at ...2308...> wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 20:35:53 -0600
> Randall Morgan <rmorgan62 at ...626...> wrote:
>
> > Must be too big on your end. I know I and others have sent larger files...
> > But the link works also. I'll look at your code and get back to you.
> >

> I have had a bit of a look at this.  To me, it appears that sdl is doing something nasty to the Try.. If Error construct.
> The failure occurs in the Settings class when it is creating the directory chain for the user's .config/gambas3 directory.
> It fails on the first iteration through the path, i.e.
>   Try Mkdir "/" & sPath
> when sPath = "" i.e. the root directory (strangely enough!) already exists.
>
> That line should not fail i.e. the Try should ignore the error silently. But with sdl it appears not too?
>
> Definitely a bug within Gambas itself.
>
> Over to Benoit...
>
> regards
> Bruce
>
> --
> B Bruen <bbruen at ...2308...>

oops
P.S. the fail occurs in the Settings class at line 96

It can be patched if you are using the Gambas source by changing line 96 to:
  If Not Exists("/" & sPath) Then MkDir "/" & sPath

but you will still get fails later when another Try... is executed in the Settings class.

regards
Bruce
--
B Bruen <bbruen at ...2308...>