[Gambas-user] Sylph: Project Miyaji initial demonstration release

Thu Jul 17 08:49:17 CEST 2014

On 07/13/2014 08:54 AM, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> waiting for the alpha 2
> :-)

The wait is over:

http://eightvirtues.com/sylph/Sylph_Demo_2.gambas.tar.gz

This is using the "stable" PPA, as I was having problems running the
last few daily PPA builds of GAMBAS.

One thing to note is that if you use an NVIDIA card and the binary
driver be sure to uncheck "Use Conformant Texture Clamping" in NVIDIA X
Server Settings under X Screen 0 --> OpenGL Settings. If this is checked
bullets and some OSD items are rendered translucent (incorrectly). The
GAMBAS OpenGL component seems not to have GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE, which is
necessary to force this being turned off. The ReadMe in the archive also
mentions this.

Let me know what you think. The basic engine is nearly done, so in the
coming weeks I'll be fleshing out the stages, ship models and AI. Also
the music is from the 1988 DOS version of Silpheed, the game Sylph is
based on. I'll be composing original music to replace it.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues