[Gambas-user] IDE Feature Request

B Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Sat Jul 5 23:34:49 CEST 2014

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 17:36:43 +0200
Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> Le 16/06/2014 00:52, B Bruen a écrit :
> > ( Don't see why I shouldn't join in :-)  )
> >
> > Would it be possible to lock source files the same as for forms? This
> > would prevent me from changing the wrong class in a set of very
> > similar classes.
> >
> > Oh,and while you're there - the reload button on the form toolbar
> > seems to unlock a locked form!
> >
> > regards Bruce
> >

> I didn't know that feature was used...
I often have 3 or more projects open, either copying some code from one to another or refactoring one based on the newer or bettter code in another.  Invariably, if I don't pay proper attention, I end up changing the wrong project's code.  So locking class code would stop me making that mistake.

> I will change the way it works, so that every file can be locked. I will
> simply use the file read authorization.
Benoît,
Was this done yet?  Not bumping, just wondering.

> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

regards