[Gambas-user] Sylph: Project Miyaji initial demonstration release

Wed Jul 2 06:20:14 CEST 2014

If this mailing list is the wrong place for this sort of thing, someone
please let me know.

I've publicly released the first demo of a new game I'm working on for
testing. Tweeting about it is one thing, but everyone on this list
obviously is best-qualified to test GAMBAS applications. If anyone's
interested in providing me with feedback, here's the Tweet I sent out:

href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Sylph?src=hash">#Sylph</a>: Project
Miyaji Demo 1: <a
href="http://t.co/BqsBIjMZhN">http://t.co/BqsBIjMZhN</a>
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:C7MTLGZQ6P6U5A3FSYZKKCS3M6X7AQ6V <a
href="https://twitter.com/GameLinux">@GameLinux</a> <a
href="https://twitter.com/ubuntugames">@ubuntugames</a> <a
href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GAMBAS?src=hash">#GAMBAS</a></p>— Eight
Virtues (@eightvirtues) <a
href="https://twitter.com/eightvirtues/statuses/484184708319043584">July
2, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js"
charset="utf-8"></script>

The direct download link is: http://t.co/BqsBIjMZhN

The magnet link for bittorrent is:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:C7MTLGZQ6P6U5A3FSYZKKCS3M6X7AQ6V

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to distribute a GAMBAS
application to the "laziest Linux user possible", meaning a single-click
solution. From what I've seen the version of GAMBAS distributed with
most distributions is unstable, with the stable (or daily) PPA being
recommended. Is there a way to create a .deb package that includes the
stable or daily build of GAMBAS instead of depending on the distro's
GAMBAS packages? Adding a PPA and installing from there is also
acceptable, but it appears that modern distros require execution of
scripts from the command line and not by double-clicking in the GUI.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues