[Gambas-user] Gambas Future or what kind of Gambas we want.

Thu Jan 23 17:01:31 CET 2014

> I know a lot of people will say "its not that hard" or "I did it in only
> four
> hours" but you are already knowledgeable in Linux.

No one has born with skills to use Windows or Linux. But installing Windows
or Ubuntu is almost exactly the same. I didn't notice any significant
difference. Then you go to Ubuntu Software Center and write "gambas" and
click on "install". With modern system this should be done in *much* less
than two hours (depending on Internet connection and amount of updates).
That was my first experience with Linux and Gambas.

I understand if you expect everything work like in Windows, you really have
troubles. You cannot find InstallGambas.exe anywhere and Gambas is not VB6
clone even though it's similar enough to easily convert your projects. But
instead of guessing what were the troubles, please tell us, it's only way
to improve things.

Jussi