[Gambas-user] Two suggestions about TabPanel + 2 more

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Sun Jan 19 14:13:36 CET 2014

2014/1/18 Bruce <bbruen at ...2308...>:
> On Sat, 2014-01-18 at 17:19 +0100, Fabien Bodard wrote:
>> The move left/right arrows must be at the left, because when we are
>> changing doc from code to form.
>> the arrow place position depend of the presence of right property panel.
>>
>> I think the tabs need to have all the same size if the close button is
>> used. It ca be the size of the longest one. so when clicking on the
>> close button colosing can be done recursively without moving the
>> mouse.
>>
>> One thing funny can be a resisign on the first tab closed with a timer
>> of  2 or 3 sec. so durring this time all the tabs at the right of the
>> current tab have the same size than the current tab. And retreive
>> theire size after the Last click + delay.
>>

> I don't understand your first one but agree with the second.

It is simply that :

When the space to show all the tabs is too short, then an arrow is
shown at the right of the tabstrip and more or less on the left when
you are not on the
first tab.

The problem come when you use the right arrow to change tabs, is you
are changing from editor to form editor, the side panel appear and the
width of the tabpanel change, so
the mouse then isn't stay on the button ... or better, the button
isn't stay under the mouse. So to scroll trough all the tab you have
to move the mouse many times... and i think it's not a good experience
for me.

> Two more though.
>
> 3) You cannot set accelerator keys for TabPanel tab titles like you can
> for TabStrips
>
> 4) Mousewheel scrolling through TabPanel tabs only works when the
> TabPanel itself has the focus. (TabStrip scrolling happens when the
> mouse is over the tabstrip tab area, i.e. it doesn't need to have focus.
> This is really handy.)
>
> Bruce

Fabien Bodard