[Gambas-user] Printing text vertically (using printing or gb.report)

Thu Jan 16 11:30:58 CET 2014

Am 16.01.2014 10:55, schrieb Willy Raets:
> On Thu, 2014-01-16 at 10:44 +0100, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:

>>> Anyone any suggestion as I really need this to work somehow.
>>>

>> It should be possible to make the page (pdf painting surface) landscape:
>
> Are you talking gb.cairo component here as you mention a pdf painting
> surface as I haven't had a go at that. I was playing with the printer
> object and had a go with gb.reports.

No, not Cairo, but you can print into pdf with the printer object, too.
I admit, that was a bit of a wrong expression. It's what I use it for
exclusively: Just printing into a pdf, then using the pdf-loading
function to show a preview or simply copying the pdf to the printer.
Fast, easy...

>> myPrinter.Orientation = Printer.Landscape
>>

> This suggestion sets me to think. The Dymo labels are in portrait in the
> Dymo label printer. So making a landscape label on a pdf surface and
> next print this in landscape (so actually giving the landscape design a
> twist to being printed in portrait) could do the job. I'am going to give
> this a try as soon as I am at work.

Yes, sometimes things can be tricky :-)