[Gambas-user] Printing text vertically (using printing or gb.report)

Thu Jan 16 10:44:02 CET 2014

Am 16.01.2014 10:30, schrieb Willy Raets:
> On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 10:04 +0100, Willy Raets wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a Dymo Label writer at work and need to print address labels.
>> Thing is that the labels are in portrait and the text needs to be
>> printed vertically instead of horizontally as it happens now.
>>
>> I have tried with both printing and reports but don't manage to get the
>> job done. Text aways gets printed horizontal and thus the addresses
>> don't fit the width or the Dymo Label.
>>
>> The size of the Dymo labels that need to be printed is:
>> PaperWidth = 35.630555
>> PaperHeight = 88.9
>> Both sizes are in milimeters (mm).
>>
>> I used to do this with reports from MS Access and there you can simply
>> set the textlabels on the report vertically instead of horizontally.
>> Didn't find a manner to achieve that with gb.report. Does that exist?
>>
>> The project itself is a rebuilt in Gambas of MS Access clients apps
>> currently used. I can't send the code because:
>> a. it is too big a project
>> b. it contains specific inside company information that is not meant for
>> the public.
>> I'll try and make a printed pdf of the result later today to show you
>> what I mean.
>>
>> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>>

> Anyone any suggestion as I really need this to work somehow.

It should be possible to make the page (pdf painting surface) landscape:

myPrinter.Orientation = Printer.Landscape

Does this help? It runs flawlessly here on my system... If it doesn't
react, try setting gb.qt4 instead of gb.gui for the components to load.
I had a problem here with it the other day, and I don't know if Benoit
has already fixed it.

Rolf