[Gambas-user] How to convert .XmlElementAttributes into string

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Fri Jan 10 22:55:36 CET 2014

On Fri, 10 Jan 2014, Floryn90 wrote:
> When declaring  Dim hXmlElementAttributes As .XmlElementAttributes
> gambas tell me "Unexpected '.' "

I see you don't really understand what you're typing so let me explain this
first:

.XmlElementAttributes is a virtual class (which is IMHO one of the best
features in Gambas, at least, from a C component writer's perspective).

This means that you cannot declare a variable of this class nor
instantiate an object of it because it wraps a portion of the state of an
already existing object in a convenient interface. (The most prominent
example for me is the Editor.Styles interface (gb.qt4.ext) which basically
implements flags in an OO manner without being too heavy on resources
internally.)

So you cannot save a reference to an .XmlElementAttributes because it
doesn't really mean anything.

Oh, and I see, Fabien just answered your actual question.

Regards,
Tobi