[Gambas-user] rendering text in a GLArea

terco IDE tercoide at ...67...
Fri Jan 10 22:28:49 CET 2014

> Le 10/01/2014 16:56, terco IDE a ?crit :
> > Hi, does anyone has an example on rendering some text in a glArea with (or without) openGL?
> >
> > tnx!
> >
> > Saludos
> > Martin
> >

> Look at the PdfPresentation example, it uses a GLArea. And I don't know
> what you mean by *not* using OpenGL to draw in a GLArea.
>
> --
> Beno?t Minisini

funny, it's the only OpenGL example I can't run: program freezes while showing the Openfile dialog. Tried this workaround:

Dialog.Title = ("Select a PDF file")
Dialog.Filter = ["*.pdf", ("PDF files")]
  'If Dialog.OpenFile() Then Return   ' FREEZES HERE
  'workaround (its a valid path)
 sPath = User.home &/ "CIRSOC tablas de perfiles.pdf" 'Dialog.Path
 txtPath.Text = sPath

but only shows a rotating cube with the gambas logo.

I meant using another control inside (or on top) the GLArea, like a label or something. But it doesn't work, it only shows the contents of the GLArea.