[Gambas-user] Wrong behaviour of logger.level

Emanuele Sottocorno sotema at ...626...
Thu Feb 20 21:45:35 CET 2014

Hi Sebastian,
tanks for your reply. I think there is an error into logger component.
The doc say:

Dim  hLoggerAs  Logger  <http://gambasdoc.org/help/comp/gb.logging/logger?v3>

hLogger=  New  Logger  <http://gambasdoc.org/help/comp/gb.logging/logger?v3>  (  *[*  _iMinLevel_  As  Integer,  _sOutput_  As  String  *]*  )

Creates a new Logger
<http://gambasdoc.org/help/comp/gb.logging/logger?v3> object
<http://gambasdoc.org/help/def/object?v3> targeting the log file
specified by _sOutput_. The minimum acceptable message level is
specified by the _iMinLevel_ parameter.

If _sOutput_ is not specified then log messages are sent to /stdout/.

_Messages sent with a level lower than __iMinLevel__are ignored. _

try this:

Public Sub Main()
Dim hLog As Logger
   hLog = New Logger(Logger.Debug)
   Logger.Begin
   Logger.Log("this should not logged", Logger.Warning)
End

The log message will appear inside the Gambas Console

The failing instruction, I suppose, is:

Public Function isEnabledFor(iLevel As Integer) As Boolean

   Return (iLevel <= $iLevel) ---> should be Return (iLevel >= $iLevel)
End

Enjoy your vacations!

Il 20/02/2014 20:57, Sebastian Kulesz ha scritto:
> Hi! I'm the author of the gb.logging component. I'm on vacations right now,
> so I can't review your issue. I've starred this email and will be taking a
> look when I get back home. Afaik the component is working correctly, so
> please review the documentation and the rfc on which it is based (you can
> find a link in the docs too)
>
> Sorry for my late response.
> On Feb 20, 2014 9:29 AM, "Emanuele Sottocorno" <sotema at ...626...> wrote:
>
>> Il 18/02/2014 12:58, Emanuele Sottocorno ha scritto:
>>> Maybe I misunderstood the rule, but following the wiki:
>>>
>>> Property Level As Integer
>>>
>>> Sets or returns the minimum logging level for the Logger object.
>>>
>>> but seems operating contrariwise. See the attached project.
>>>
>>> [System]
>>> Gambas=3.5.90 (rev. 6164)
>>> OperatingSystem=Linux
>>> Kernel=3.11.0-15-generic
>>> Architecture=x86_64
>>> Distribution=Ubuntu 13.10
>>> Desktop=GNOME
>>> Theme=QGtk
>>> Language=it_IT.UTF-8
>>> Memory=7836M
>>>
>>> [Libraries]
>>> Cairo=libcairo.so.2.11200.16
>>> Curl=libcurl.so.4.3.0
>>> DBus=libdbus-1.so.3.7.4
>>> GStreamer=libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.30.0
>>> GStreamer=libgstreamer-1.0.so.0.200.0
>>> GTK+3=libgtk-3.so.0.800.6
>>> GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.20
>>> OpenGL=libGL.so.1.2.0
>>> Poppler=libpoppler.so.43.0.0