[Gambas-user] Gambas3 component Docs

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Thu Feb 20 15:14:20 CET 2014

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014, Paul Horechuk wrote:
> I've been to gambasdoc.org and it works reasonably well, except if you
> dig through deep enough, it starts to ask you to log in.

That's a feature to help creating pages. If you are not a docs writer it may
annoy you but there is a rule of thumb to not get those prompts: don't click
those italic links!

> I think what I'm really looking for is a list of the end objects,
> methods, classes, and properties, what they provide, and then what
> component is required for its use. Sort of like:
>
> Point(x, y)    Reads or writes the value at the specified coordinates.
>                      Class is part of the gb.qt4 or gb.gtk depending on
> desktop used
>                      Usage: Point(x, y) or
>                                  value = Point(x, y)
>                      Static method. Part of Draw in gb.qt4, deprecated
> by Paint since Gambas 3.4
>                      Usage: Draw.Point(x,y)
>                      N.B. Paint does not include Point
>
> Has anyone seen anything like this?

That's not how the documentation is structured at present. But it shouldn't
be too difficult to write a program which crawls gambasdoc.org and produces
output similar to what you want. Hmm, but the last few lines seem to require
a rather intelligent program...

But, no, no such pages exist currently.

Regards,
Tobi