[Gambas-user] Submitting "Example" Candidates

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Feb 19 02:18:09 CET 2014

Le 19/02/2014 02:09, Louis W. Adams, Jr. a écrit :
> What is the best way to submit a GAMBAS program to be considered as an
> example for beginner programmers?  I have a simple program to offer, which
> shows how to do a few basic things that I struggled with while learning
> GAMBAS.  (I'm still learning.)  It generates random colors and sorts them by
> hue on a 2D color chart, and is based on my color science research.  Here is
> a sample output image:  test.png
> <http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/file/n45773/test.png>
>
> The program also demonstrates the speed of GAMBUS programs.  The above image
> was created from over 32,000 colors in a fraction of a second.
>
> The main lesson of the example is how to construct a picture using graphics
> commands, display the picture in a display area control, and export the
> picture to a file.  Another lesson is how to split up the construction of
> one picture into several subroutines.  Most of the other examples I've seen
> that did these things were too complicated for me as a beginner to follow!
>
> Lou

Hi,

A good example should be well written, and all identifiers and comments
should be in english. (Alas I'm not sure this is the case for all
current examples).

You should provide an icon for your project, and put somewhere your name.

Just send the program, and I will add it to the sources.

Benoît Minisini