[Gambas-user] Submitting "Example" Candidates

Louis W. Adams, Jr. LouisWAdamsJr at ...3300...
Wed Feb 19 02:09:22 CET 2014

What is the best way to submit a GAMBAS program to be considered as an
example for beginner programmers?  I have a simple program to offer, which
shows how to do a few basic things that I struggled with while learning
GAMBAS.  (I'm still learning.)  It generates random colors and sorts them by
hue on a 2D color chart, and is based on my color science research.  Here is
a sample output image:  test.png
<http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/file/n45773/test.png>

The program also demonstrates the speed of GAMBUS programs.  The above image
was created from over 32,000 colors in a fraction of a second.

The main lesson of the example is how to construct a picture using graphics
commands, display the picture in a display area control, and export the
picture to a file.  Another lesson is how to split up the construction of
one picture into several subroutines.  Most of the other examples I've seen
that did these things were too complicated for me as a beginner to follow!

Lou