[Gambas-user] Key.Enter and Key.Return

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...626...
Thu Feb 13 16:19:44 CET 2014

FYI: Historically, the return key was used to return the carriage on a
teletype or typewriter to the home (left side) position. The enter key was
taken from mechanical 10-key calculating machines and is used on the
numerical keypad to "enter" a value into the calculation.

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 3:46 AM, Bruce <bbruen at ...2308...> wrote:

> On Thu, 2014-02-13 at 11:18 +0100, Rolf Schmidt wrote:
> > Hi Bruce:
> > > What is the difference here?
> > >
> > > Every keyboard I have has an "Enter" key which apparently is a
> > > Key.Return, so what is Key.Enter? Does it depend on some particular
> > > keyboard?
> > >
> > One is the key right near the character keys and the other is the
> > (enter) key at the number pad
> >
> > Hope that helps.
> > Rolf
> >
> Thanks Rolf,
>
> I knew in my heart it was something simple. I just couldn't get a grip
> on it. Maybe I should look at the keyboard more often.
>
> Bruce

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?