[Gambas-user] configure options

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at ...3298...
Sun Feb 9 16:22:48 CET 2014

Le Sat, 8 Feb 2014 07:53:27 +0100,
Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at ...626...> a écrit :

> The Development Environment
>
> The Gambas IDE is made with Gambas. In order to compile and use it,
> you need to compile the following components:
>
> gb.db
> gb.db.form
> gb.debug
> gb.desktop
> gb.eval
> gb.eval.highlight
> gb.form
> gb.form.dialog
> gb.form.mdi
> gb.image
> gb.image.effect
> gb.qt4
> gb.qt4.ext
> gb.qt4.webkit
> gb.settings
>
> Then all the infos are here :
> http://gambasdoc.org/help/howto/package?v3
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Fabien Bodard

Thanks for the info. The issue with gentoo is it install all from the
sources, and in order to split Gambas in several package, I have to
deal with autoconf in the ebuilds for that.

In configure.ac and Makefile.am, I can remove the directories that
doesn't correspond to a given package. If I understand right, if I made
a base ebuild with

AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS(main)
AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS(comp)
AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS(app)
AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS(examples)

I will get a build with the runtime, development, scripter and example
packages, and some extras which are parts of the IDE. I can use an USE
flag for the examples.

After, If I made another package with

GB_CONFIG_SUBDIRS(qt4, gb.qt4)
GB_CONFIG_SUBDIRS(desktop, gb.desktop)
GB_CONFIG_SUBDIRS(imageio, gb.image.io)

I must get a build for the remaining of the IDE. I am not sure about
imageio, because on the web site, it is gb.image and
gb.image.effect, and in the sources it is gb.image.io and
gb.image,imlib. Should I install both of them for the IDE?

After that, I can make separated ebuilds for all the remaining stuffs.

Dominique