[Gambas-user] Install from Ubuntu repo - several issues

LVDave lvdave at ...626...
Fri Dec 12 14:54:58 CET 2014

Having used to use MSVisualBasic many moons ago, I wanted to see how close
Gambas was to VB. Since I'm on Ubuntu 14.04, I installed Gambas from the
Ubuntu repository. Everything installed with no errors, but when I attempt
to open any one of the sample projects, I get a dialog box saying "this
project seems to be already opened, opening the same project twice can lead
to data loss"...If I go ahead and "reopen" the sample, it appears to load
ok, but then if I try to run it, I get a dialog box saying "the program has
returned the value of 1"... As I said this occurs with all of the sample
programs..

What am I doing wrong??

Dave