[Gambas-user] Bug: Mageia packages made by IDE do not install application icon in distro menu

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Mon Dec 8 01:45:31 CET 2014

On 12/03/2014 04:05 PM, T Lee Davidson wrote:
> On 08/31/2014 07:54 AM, Willy Raets wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Lee (also on this mailinglist) did some testing of an application of
>> mine.
>> He reported that when installing the rpm he had script errors.
>> The application did install and had a menu entry, but no icon was
>> present for the entry.
>>
>> When I run the .deb files on Mint icon are properly made for the distro
>> menu entry.
>>
>> So the problem seems to be in the mageia package as made by the IDE.
>
> I believe, with the help of gbWilly who did testing on Linux Mint 13
> (which is based on Ubuntu 12.04), I have determined the cause of the
> script errors and the icon installation issue (and a temporary "fix").
>
> The SPEC file generated by Gambas relies on build macros that may not be
> defined on a Ubuntu-based system. These macros are defined in
> '20build.macros' which, at least on Willy's system, does not exist.
>
> So, here is my suggestion to fix this, Benoît.
>
> In the SPEC file, define the _iconsdir, _miconsdir, and _liconsdir
> macros as follows:
> %define    _iconsdir        %{_datadir}/icons
> %define    _miconsdir        %{_datadir}/icons/mini
> %define    _liconsdir        %{_datadir}/icons/large
>
> Then, simply remove "%{update_menus}" and "%{clean_menus}". They, on my
> system, expand to "%{nil}" anyway.
>
> I renamed '20build.macros' so these macros would not be available,
> modified a Gambas-generated package SPEC file as suggested above, and
> rebuilt the package. It built and installed with no errors and correctly
> attributed the application icon to the menu entry.
>

> If and until this is fixed in Gambas, I have attached a project file
> that users with Ubuntu-based systems may be able to use to "fix" their
> systems (ie. add the macro definitions) to facilitate making no-error
> RPM-based packages on their systems.

Well I was mistaken. The project I created modifies the user's
~/.rpmmacros file to define the macros that are used by the Gambas
packager. However, a look at the gambas3 Package.module shows that the
~./rpmmacros file is set aside during the packaging process.

The project I attached won't fix anything. The required macros will need
to be fully defined in the Package.module.

--
Lee