[Gambas-user] Try not catching XmlDocument Error

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sat Dec 6 10:23:34 CET 2014

On Fri, 05 Dec 2014, Lewis Balentine wrote:
> I can not. I assume that I would have to download, build/compile and
> install that particular or later version. I am just a month into the
> land of Linux and less than half of that into Gambas. I have not
> advanced that far yet (still on baby steps).

Your assumption is correct... normally. If you are using Ubuntu, there
is a PPA which compiles and packages the latest development version for
you on a daily basis. If you want to try that (if you are on Ubuntu),
there are people here who can walk you through that process (and switch
your Gambas back to the stable version afterwards).

> I worked around the problem. As of about 6 hours ago I have my first
> Gambas application running (if somewhat crudely).

Don't make me think about my first Gambas program... At that time I did
not even know what variables were so I had a lot of hidden TextBoxes on
the form to temporarily save values, and I used the Clipboard a lot to
pass values around :-) However, the program did run and it did what I
wanted it to do.

Regards,
Tobi