[Gambas-user] Sqlite3 Driver changed?

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Fri Aug 15 20:11:08 CEST 2014

On Fri, 15 Aug 2014, Jorge Carri??n wrote:
> Tobi:
> You're right. Excuse me.
> I'm using the 3.5.4 version of the stable repository of nemh (now
> deprecated, I think...).
> Attached a little proyect showing what I mean.
> I've testing the database with SqliteMan application and respond ok to the
> copy-paste pragma instruction.

Well, a quick and reliable fix may be for you to not use the PRAGMA :-)

Turns out that Gambas can execute just this PRAGMA table_info correctly for
you from the Table.Fields interface, as shown below. However, gb.db.sqlite3
doesn't seem to get any PRAGMA query right... I'll just continue staring at
the sources for a while, maybe I find the cause.

So, to access table metadata, namely a good subset of what PRAGMA table_info
tells you, you have to do:

  Dim hTable As Table = hConnection.Tables["test"]
  Dim hField As Field

  For Each hField In hTable.Fields
    Print hField.Name, hField.Type ' etc.
  Next

It does not provide all of the sqlite3-specific information, though...

Look at the docs: Table.Fields [0], Field [1].

Regards,
Tobi

[0] http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.db/table/fields
[1] http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.db/field