[Gambas-user] A note for Gambas users on Debian or Raspian wheezy using jessie repository for installation

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Tue Aug 12 15:09:51 CEST 2014

Hi all,

As Gambas 3.5.4 has been made available in jessie repository about a
month ago (for both Debian and Raspbian), I have updated the
instructions to install it on wheezy using a preferences file.

Those who used a preferences file for installing Gambas 3.5.2 from
jessie on wheezy will see that upgrading to 3.5.4. will not install the
binaries  gambas3 and gambas3-gb-pdf (all the rest is updated).

To make it work the preferences file needs an update as Gambas 3.5.4 is
packaged depending on libpoppler46 instead of libpoppler44.

So the entry of libpoppler44 should be changed to:

Package: libpoppler46
Pin: release n=jessie
Pin-Priority: 1050

Now libpoppler46 needs 2 more depended packages from jessie, so two more
entries need to be added to the preferences file.

Package: libopenjpeg5
Pin: release n=jessie
Pin-Priority: 1050

Package: libtiff5
Pin: release n=jessie
Pin-Priority: 1050

Next save the preferences file, do an apt-get update and upgrade and
both gambas3 and gambas3-gb-pdf should install.

I have updated the instructions in the Gambas wiki accordingly.

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)

http://gambasshowcase.org/