[Gambas-user] Issue 463 in gambas: v4l webcam remains idle when close program, and can be used

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Sat Sep 28 19:49:02 CEST 2013

Updates:

Comment #5 on issue 463 by benoit.m... at ...626...: v4l webcam remains idle
when close program, and can be used
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=463

My commit fixed a bug in the gb.v4l component that makes Gambas development
version crash (maybe not the 3.4.x version, but I'm not sure).

I noticed that after the program stops, I had the "device busy" debugging
message when the component tries to reopen the webcam. I have to wait or to
unplug/plug the webcam to be able to use it again. No idea why, but all
devices used by a process are closed by the kernel when the process stops
for any reason.

So you're right, the problem seems to be in the device driver, not in
Gambas.