[Gambas-user] run as root ?

wally wally at ...2037...
Sat Sep 7 06:09:09 CEST 2013

Good morning Jussi,

thanks for reply.
> Why you need to run it as root?
i need access to gpib-board (kernel drivers 'linux-gpib')
I provided a new group 'gpib' and checked memberships
but so far i can access the board only as root.
This would be the most smart solution i think and i'll try
to fix this problem when i'm sure GB works with gpib
as expected.

I'll try your suggestions too.

> But all these options are pretty hazard, so I recommend to develop under
> virtual machine.

Yes, would prefer this, but unfortunately VBox does not support
access to pci-bus yet (VBox version 4.2.16). Correct ?

cheers wally