[Gambas-user] run as root ?

Fri Sep 6 14:32:03 CEST 2013

AFAIK there is no such feature in Gambas IDE.

Why you need to run it as root?
Can you make your app ask for password when it needs to do something which
requires root privileges?
That way you could declare string variable and put the password in that.
And when your app is ready just remove it.

Another option is log in as root, so that IDE and everything else is
executed as root.

But all these options are pretty hazard, so I recommend to develop under
virtual machine.

Jussi