[Gambas-user] Question on packaging on Debian Wheezy

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Thu Sep 5 01:01:47 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out:
Step 1. How to package Gambas 3.4.2 for Debian
Step 2. How to get it in Debian repository (if I succeed with 1)

Step 1.
I have done svn checkout for source and compiled and installed Gambas
3.4.2 with success.

The folder named gambas3-3.4.2 is where the source is locate.
In this folder I did (running a root terminal):

dh_make --native

This creates a folder named debian and in there are several files thate
need to be edited with information on the package.

One of the files is config that needs dependencies mentioned.

Is there a command I can use that gives me the dependencies of the
installed (from source) Gambas 3.4.2 on the system?

As I understand it once the files are properly adapted I can run:

dpkg-buildpackage and this should build me the packages.

How to I sign the packages?
Once made, I understand that with fakeroot you can do a test on the
package to see if it would install. How does this work exactly?

Am I missing any steps in my approach?

Been reading lots of stuff on the internet, but it is all quite
confusing to someone new to the process.

Some simple step by step process (also indicating what tools to install)
would be very helpful.

Step 2. How do you get a working package into the Debian repo? I'm
having a hard time finding any documentation on the Debain websites on
this topic. Anyone ever uploaded a package to Debian? Where and how to
you need to do this?

All help appreciated.

--
Kind regards,