[Gambas-user] Gambas-user Digest, Vol 88, Issue 4

Tue Sep 3 15:26:42 CEST 2013

From: Willy Raets <willy at ...2734...>

> All works just great with gstreamer 1.0.

too high depends

> Pity that most current stable distro releases (Debian 7 and Ubuntu
> 12.04, Lubuntu 12.04, Linux Mint 13 etc.) do not have gstreamer 1.0 in
> their repositories. So you always need to go to the newer distro repos
> to get the proper dependencies version.

> - the latest stable releases of these distros will not support Gambas
> 3.4.x out of the box.

> Is this a clever path to take for Gambas?

not in absolute for real focused and stable distributions, due gstreamer
1.0 need more up to date depends; and Lubun, mintbunt , etc etc win-buntu
like are not focused in something serius distributions, are general purpose
for commonly people and versions raises in little period (this are more
close to a up to date moda)

it is understandable that we must move in the manufacture of software
regarding changes every day, but if something works well, do not see why it
must be discarded for newer versions, save only security patches, and
obviously ruthless evolution, that's the problem, evolution software path
cosume it all after the climax to a point of no return that would end the
destruction and consuption of resources..

in VenenuX we need to save resources due we are focused on funtionality,
and a software that regards in consuption of resources are not cleany
functional

remenber, with more lines of code, more cycles of cpu need to compute!, and
ram, and I/O process etc etc etc..

From: Beno?t Minisini <gambas at ...1...>

> Gambas 3.4.x requires GStreamer 0.10. Only the development version needs
> GStreamer 1.0.

the compilations for venenux dont compiles with 0.10, i backported 0.10.31
and got errors in timeline references

From: Willy Raets <willy at ...2734...>

> Want to know the status of Gambas on Debian. Check:
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gambas3.html

debian packagers are more focused on licence issues rather than
funtionality.. sad!

> Seems they are not really taking their TODO's seriously...

absolutely u have right