[Gambas-user] Knowing which Module called a function in other Module

Ru Vuott vuott at ...325...
Tue Sep 3 10:47:30 CEST 2013

Thank you, Bruce, for your suggestion. I'll comunicate it to him.

vuott

 Data: Martedì 3 settembre 2013, 10:12

 On Tue, 2013-09-03 at 08:53 +0100, Ru
 Vuott wrote:
 > Hello,
 >
 > a Gambas-it comunity member wrote this theoric
 question:

 > there are 2 Modules A & B. "A" Module calls a
 function in "B" Module.

 > He would like to know if it is possible to know -
 without simplifications - the name of "A" Module "Caller".

 > Another example:
 > Imagine having three modules: A, B and C. Two (A and B)
 of these three modules can call a function present in the
 third "C" module. When this function is called in the third
 "C" Module, as you know - WITHOUT passing, as argument,
 explicitly trace of itself - which of the two ("A" or "B")
 Modules called function of the third "C" Module ?

 > Regards
 > vuott

 If I haven't misunderstood, doesn't

         System.Backtrace[1]

 provide exactly that?

 But, note that the project will need to be compiled with
 "Keep debugging
 information" option set.

 hth
 Bruce

 Learn the latest--Visual Studio 2012, SharePoint 2013, SQL
 2012, more!
 Discover the easy way to master current and previous
 Microsoft technologies
 and advance your career. Get an incredible 1,500+ hours of
 step-by-step