[Gambas-user] Gambas self-extracting installer (4)

Kende Krisztián nemh at ...2007...
Sun Oct 27 18:33:57 CET 2013

My Gambas application requires root privileges. So if the user doesn't
trust the installer, then the hell ate the whole thing. :D

If you want to install an application on Linux system, you will need
root access. This is quite natural. Therefore, we use a controlled
repository. But true, the PPA's are not controlled, just open source.
But do not ask, wait for root privileges.

Or installer and installed program can be it completely portable. User
do not need to be root. But this is not natural on Linux system. These
applications size are too big.

What happens if compatible packages are not available in repository (or
anywhere)? Example, my app created in Gambas 3.5, but only available
version 3.4 or older.
How to upgrade an existing installation?
How to completely remove installed applications?