[Gambas-user] Gambas self-extracting installer

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Oct 26 23:09:00 CEST 2013

Le 26/10/2013 22:48, Jussi Lahtinen a écrit :
> Oh, sorry I understood wrongy...
>
> I think gambas runtime should be shipped with the installer.
> How do you plan to install the runtime, with bash script?

A gambas runtime is shipped with the installer, but just to run the
installer.

The real gambas runtime will be installed by the system packager through
the dependencies of gambas binary packages.

> "But then I should put one runtime for each architecture (x86, x86_64,
> ARM), andI can generate
> only one architecture from a specific system."
>
> Can you elaborate this? Do you mean you cannot compile runtime for each
> architecture..?
>
> Jussi

The installer is provided with a bunch of system libraries and gambas
components for its own use. I copy them from my system which is x86_64.
I don't have any ARM or x96 system under the hood at the moment to
provide the same libraries for these architectures.

--
Benoît Minisini