[Gambas-user] Official release of Gambas 3.5

Kende Krisztián nemh at ...2007...
Thu Oct 24 22:31:16 CEST 2013

> Hey Kendek! Putting the reorganization aside, I would like to rebase
> the packages from the Daily Builds PPA with your latest work, so as
> to keep both repositories homogeneous. Is that is okey? ;)

Yeah, that's good idea. :-)
I re-wrote some stuff, and I updated the manuals as well.

> As a side note: I asked an Ubuntu MOTU about getting the Gambas3
> packages updated directly in the Ubuntu repositories, skipping the
> Debian ones. As packages are already available from Kendek's PPA, the
> process would be pretty straightforward. I was strongly recommended
> to contact the Debian maintainers before requesting this, so i did. I
> will wait a few days for a response. If i get no answer i will try to
> get another Debian Developer to sponsor the project and update the
> packages. If i'm not lucky with that either i will ask for a MOTU to
> sponsor the upgrade and detach the Ubuntu packages from the Debian
> ones.
>
> I know this implies that Debian users would be left without packaged
> updates, but we can't say we didn't try. I will keep you posted.
> Fingers crossed ;)

I don't understand the Debian maintainers. What could be the reason
that they are not to update the packages? Either way, I really would
like to upgrade the Ubuntu repositories.
So I hope that there will be some progress in the case. :-)