[Gambas-user] problems when set printer properties by hand

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at ...2345...
Sat Oct 12 12:02:49 CEST 2013

Am Samstag, den 12.10.2013, 09:29 +0200 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> Le 11/10/2013 14:17, Karl Reinl a écrit :
> > Salut Benoît,
> >
> > in the attached example there is good and a bad way to set printer
> > properties.
> > I ignore why that happens, but with the 'bad way', paper is reset to 0,
> > after .Configure().
> > Juist run the example, after Configure() call, just close with 'print'.
> >

> If you set PaperWidth or PaperHeight, Paper is set to Printer.Custom.
> This is perfectly normal.
>
> On my computer (with an HP printer), the Paper property is not taken
> into account when calling Configure(), and it is reset to its default
> value (Printer.A4).
>
> Either this is a bug in the Qt4 printing system, either that printer can
> only handle A4 size.
>
> Please give more details about the printer you use...

Salut Benoît,

I use a HP Officejet 6210 USB (from 2005), which is attached on my
Fritz!Box (DSL router) USB-port, connected via  socket://<router
IP>:9100

But the behave is the same if the printer is connected on the computers
USB-port.

Driver : HP Officejet 6200 Series hpijs, 3.10.2

On 'bad way' the properties are copied in alphabetically order.
So Paper is set before PaperHeight and PaperWidth, but at the end Paper
is set again. And after coming back from Configure() is reset to 0.

Not in 'good way', the Paper before PaperHeight and PaperWidth is not
set, only at the end. And after coming back from Configure() the initial
value is kept.

But if I run first  'bad way' and then (without restart, which set a new
Printer)  'good way' then also Paper ist reset to 0 ,
after .Configure() .

So I thing something run bad when set Page more then one time
before .Configure() .
--
Amicalement
Charlie